Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

01 November 2006

I am so tired and melancholy today...

Although a call from John helped cheer me up. I don't know why, but I'm just...blah. I guess my body didn't think I really understood that I needed rest, because I slept through my alarms this morning, and when I finally opened my eyes, I though...wow, it's bright out at 0600. Yeah, no. It was 1130. YOIKES!

I'm starting to think that more than nine credit hours are more than I can do this time around. It seems like 12 is just a wee bit too much, and I hate it, but I'm just so tired all the time. I feel like a bit of a failure, but that's just me being critical of myself. Part of it is the scheduling, that I know. I can't keep focused during the five-plus hour break between the 2D design class and the History class. It's like I have a brain removal during that time. An hour or an hour and a half is okay, but five hours is waaaaaay too long.

So, I'm going to think about it during work, and see if I want to suck up another W on the transcript, which is better than a D or an F in the class. I have to learn that limitations do not mean "I suck," but rather "There's only so much I can do!"

Ah well, John will still love me, even if I'm only a 3/4 time student. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you're not just being a student, you're also working. And you've mentioned some problems with depression since returning from Iraq, that can cause the excessive sleepiness as well (my foster daughter just got diagnosed as bipolar, she's been known to sleep 14-16 hours a day).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home