Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

05 October 2006

Tired and cranky...

And not much of a friend these days. Just too wrapped up in my own stuff to manage to care about others, it seems. I hate that. I hate it hate it hate it.

For that, please forgive me. (Ponsdorf, I'm talkin' to you!)

Right now, this tunnel is still stretching out in front of me forever, and the light that was there has receded until it's a tiny pinprick on the horizon. Right now, I'm doing good to be keeping my head above water and still sucking air.

My economics class is KILLING me. I don't understand it. The art stuff I'm good with. The econ KILLS me. Dead. Dead dead dead dead. Dead. Did I mention it's KILLING me?

I'm looking forward to working on my next design project. It's on tonal range, and it was supposed to be a drawing project, but because it's not a drawing class, we get to use any medium now. Can we say "digital camera" and "Photoshop?" I knew we could.

I'm so lonely. So lonely. I know that I'm not alone, but I want to have someone just reach out and touch me, that someone being John. I want so badly to be able to reach out and touch him, to crack open an eyelid at some Godforsaken hour of the morning (say...0700) and see him standing there with a grin and a cup of coffee, knowing that as long as he's got that magic bean juice he's safe from harm.

I'm so tired of this all. I know, I know. We knew this when we signed on. I get that Doesn't mean I don't get to be pissed off about it. And now, my unit's talking about a two week AT in Germany.

In FREAKIN' MARCH! Hello???? God, can we PLEASE get a break. Please? The money would be nice, but still...

It's not funny anymore. My sense of humor packed up and moved south for the duration. It didn't leave a forwarding address, either.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two weeks in Germany, in the most inconvenient time? Count your blessings; it could be even worse.


I'm so lonely. So lonely. I know that I'm not alone
[...]

Indeed.


You're also not alone with your frustration about economics.
The mathematics are rather simple (to the point of gross oversimplification), but the assumptions made to postulate that the math has anything to do with the real world boggle my mind.
One of these days, I should probably follow the curriculum of an introductory economics course and figure out how this is alleged to make sense. But someone would probably have to nudge me along when it comes to the non-mathematical tedium.
Sewiouswy.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kill two birds with one stone--know that if econ is killing you, it's killing others too. Suggest(out loud) a study group. You will likely benefit from the knowledge of others AND perhaps make some friends, or at least friendly acquaintances.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home