Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

11 September 2006

A few thoughts before bed...

Tonight was a good night. I missed a call from a florist, though, so that was a bummer. I didn't check the machine when I came in, sadly, so evidently, I didn't get my flowers today. Hmmm. Wonder who might send me flowers?

I mentioned on my LJ that I actually took some initiative this weekend, and get a few things accomplished that needed to get done, like tracking down the information for the OCS office and getting the PT test moved to December instead of October so it would be a stronger packet, and I'm actually really proud of myself.

I also emailed the ROTC program at UTSA and asked about doing PT with them. Gah. I'll be getting up at about 0530 three days a week, so I'm going to be exhausted, but I need the extra PT and it's going to be good for my PT test and my weight. God, I'd adore being able to take a PT test and not have to be weighed afterward because I was actually under my allowed weight. It would be a first for me.

I don't know where the cojones are coming from, but I'm likin' this not being scared of my own shadow thing. It's translating to the civilian side, too, since tonight I had a table of Toyota folx, from Japan, and I actually got up the guts to thank them in Japanese. You have to understand- I loathe the idea of being laughed at, but they seemed thrilled that I bowed and tried to thank them in their own language. I'm pretty danged proud of myself!

Last Saturday, I went to Vespers at church, and for the first time, I felt like I belonged, rather than being tolerated because I was John's wife. No, no one has *EVER* been rude, or unfriendly, it's just me. I take a looooooooooong time to feel like I fit in, but I helped tidy up, cleaned up the candle stands, lit the center candle and put out the books and it felt right. It felt like I was doing the right thing and I loved it.

Not sure who this chick is who's taking over my life, but I like her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home