Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

10 January 2007

It's been a while!

And things are good. Things are wonderful, in fact.

Today, I bought two coats to take to Germany. I was thinking of going with a cute pink trench, but decided that I'd be best off with a nice coat, one that will last for a few years and still look stylish, so I got one that I swear I'm gonna put on the floor and roll around on, probably stark naked. It's just that soft and it's just that gorgeous.

The other is a cute pink coat, a little bit less formal, but they're both heavier than almost anything else I have.

It's getting closer. I'm started to get excited. Now, I need to get in touch with the chaplain, or the FRG. I've gotten some *great* links from a gentleman who is German and it seems that I'll be able to get around pretty well, but I think that I'll be picking up a guidebook and a phrasebook.

6 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed you're passing through Frankfurt. Will you be there long?

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

I'll be there as long as it takes to get a train? :-)

However, since I don't know if John will be home or not, I can always make time for breakfast or coffee or whatever it is Germans do.

:-D

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just sent you an email to your LJ email address.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acronyms are confusing.

The conventional wisdom about "FRG" is misleading when you try to understand the Armed Forces.

Since you have his phone number, you can try and call the chaplain. But the Rev. Dimitrios Papagiannis may only understand Greek and German :-(

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

You are such an individual! I love it!

I thought you were going to Germany expressly to see John. Now, I'm confused. I'll go over to LJ and see if I can figure out what ya'll are doing.

XO
Sophia

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guidebooks are for the weak...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home