Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

13 November 2006

I don't believe this...

I make a snarky comment about the "change of power" in Congress, and I get over 60 comments. I make a post about gender roles and I get 60-someodd comments.

I mention three soldiers dying from my husband's unit, and I get ten people commenting or contacting me off LJ.

Oh well, they're just stupid soldiers who are stuck in Iraq, right?

I realize that people have lives, really I do, but when I get my ass chewed of for having the audacity to criticize the "mass mandate" being crowed about in the media, but for some reason the post about three soldiers dying goes unoticed, I get pissed off.

Yes, folx get sick, folx have things to do other than read LJ, unless of course, it's a thread that they can jump in with both feet and whale on someone with the opposite viewpoint.

Shows what I know about what folx think is important.

As always, take this if it applies, and leave it if it doesn't.

11 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not catch your post about the 3 Soldiers, nor about the other issue which engendered such comment.

But I assure you, the lives of those 3 men are far more important than the latest political crap. Bless 'em, and God Bless America

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Tim Covington said...

I admit that I made no comment do to feeling that any words I could say, would not be enough.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you express stunned silence in a blog?

You posted a movie in LJ advocating two minutes of silence ... and then breaking the silence with some self-important guy playing the guitar and singing.

...

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not see your post about the soldiers or the comments that follow.

My thoughts are with you and your husband and the families affected.

Natalie
from LJ - times_suspended

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

To all of you, thank you.

I'm sorry if I jumped your shit uneccesarily, but I am still trying to figure out how to express myself without kicking over lots of hornets nests.

Thanks, again, y'all.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Zero Ponsdorf said...

Kiddo, when you figure out how to express myself without kicking over lots of hornets nests. let me know.

Otherwise, I just trimmed my flist to about 5 people. I didn't wanna lose track of you and few others.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Tim Covington said...

No problem. You have every right to vent your anger. At least you do it here (and you should do it on LJ). If someone's feelings are hurt, and they stop reading what you write, oh well. Your journal/blog is supposed to be the place you can give vent to your feelings. Whether they be the love for your husband or the anger due to the indifference you perceive.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

I must also have missed the news about the recent casualties. Give yourself some time out if you need it and take a breather. The internet will still be here whenever you can next deal.

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs* That's all. Just *hugs*

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

Jen, I'm pretty sure you know that if I had seen the post earlier, I would have commented. That's a huge reason why I read both of your blogs. Yes, your ideas are interesting to read, but most importantly, I want to know how ya'll are doing as my sister and brother in Christ. Again, I am grieved to hear that news. I'm praying for you both. Your godmomma and I are here for you.

I think some people probably did have a hard time knowing what to say. Also, it's easier to bicker and argue than to let yourself feel the pain of death. I'm sorry, Jen. It's wrong. Please forgive.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see your post about the 2 Soldiers either. I just learned of it, for the first time, by reading 'ponsdorf.'

I'm not even going to try to write words. No words help... Just -sigh-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home