Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

03 November 2006

Just to let you know...

The world is going to end shortly.

How do I know this? It's simply.

I cleaned out my truck. No, seriously. There are still some odds and ends that need to come out, but you can actually see the floorboards in the cargo area and the back seats are clear. I could actually put them down and use the *entire* cargo area if I needed to.


Oh, and I went out to the storage unit and cleaned it up a bit too. Dragged a bunch of boxes, including some stuff left over from my pagan days, to the compactor and pitched it all. Wow.

Granted, now it looks as though my truck and my storage unit has exploded over our living room, but that shall be fixed shortly. Well, maybe not so shortly, but it will be fixed. I'm working on my sewing area right now, trying to sort sewing in to one half and crafts/art supplies in to the other half, so we shall see how well that works.

I finally have a place to hang stuff up in the sewing area though. I took a 1/2" x 24" galv pipe, put a "T" junction on each end, and have lain it atop both bookshelves to span the gap between them and give me a rod of sorts. I really like it, and it's giving me a good place to put costumey bits. My browncoat has taken up residence on the rod, as have some other sewing projects.

I think I might actually go out to the storage unit and pick up the pieces I have for end tables and a "coffee table" bench and get those worked on. I need to get them done, preferably before we move. I also have some for bedside tables, and whipping up the slipcovers for those should be fairly easy. I'll need to get glass cut to go on the top, but that's easy enough, I suppose. After it's cut, I think I'll use some of the etching solution to decorate the tops, as the silk is a plain bronzey color. It's lustrous and stunning, but it's a plain weave.

Geez, I'm tired. Really tired, but I need to keep up my momentum, so I'll be posting this and then waiting on the timer to go off to tell me it's back to work. I'm spending 20 minutes cleaning and then 10 minutes screwing around, so that I don't get burnt out and just pitch it all. I would like the apartment to be all neat and clean again so that I can work on other things.

I can dream, right?

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clean out the back seats of my car maybe once every two months. My trunk I haven't cleaned.... In maybe two years? Then again, I've some how managed to convince myself that half the stuff in the trunk I would need if I ever get stuck in a blizzard on a mountain, like old polypros and MRE bits and pieces left over from the Army.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

I don't even want to think about how long it had been since I cleaned out my back seats, or how long it had been since I cleaned out the cargo area.

It scares me.

Now, however, it is looking better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home