Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

03 December 2006

I want to be happy...

for a friend, who's eagerly anticipating her husband's return from Iraq. He's part of the 172nd Stryker Brigade, and he was extended for several months with no warning. I understand that, and I understand that he will be seeing his little girl for the first time in a long time, but I am...

and I am loathe to admit it...

jealous. I'm so tired of being apart. I am so tired of being alone and apart and hoping that the phone doesn't die before I get to tell him I love him. I'm so tired of living chained to a cell phone, hoping that he'll be able to call tonight, hoping that the line won't be long and we won't be trying to stuff a day's worth of conversation into 30 minutes. I am tired of the two second lag in our conversations, I'm just tired of everything.

Don't mind me, I'm just whiney today.

5 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

Hang in there, my friend. You're time will come, and we will all be so happy for you both. Much love and respect to you both.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

Oops...I meant your instead of you're. :)

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

Your time will come, and we'll all rejoice with you.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

You're entitled to whine. And the people that appreciate the sacrifices he...and you...are making for the rest of us, don't mind hearing it. So whine away. Bitch even.

Just don't chalk it up to PMDD...I still ain't sure i believe in it. ;)

Ambulance Driver

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Zoe Brain said...

Hug!

Sometimes there are no words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home