Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

06 June 2006

Second day of class...

Well, nuts. It's looking like I either ordered the wrong book for my history class, or that it's just taking freakin' forever to ship. Nope, I just checked, and I screwed up. I should go get the silly book right now so I can catch up on reading. I have over 50 pages of reading to do tonight, and I'm getting a bit antsy. I really want my freakin' books to get here. Hmmm. What to do, what to do.

In other thoughts, I'm tired and cranky. I really like my US History professor, but the Texas history prof is starting to annoy me. She got into the spiel on how tolerant Islam was in the 700s, while the moors occupied the Iberian Peninsula. Agh. Not going to scream or run out of the class. I'm not I'm not I'm not.

There were so many other things I wanted to babble about, but as usual, they've all run away from my head.

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Zero Ponsdorf said...

Not that you can do much about it!

But what is the Texas History prof doing talking about Islam in any context?

Maybe there's a bit of history that I've missed.

Sounds painfully like a situation where you need to kiss ass to pass.

You'll cope. And the Blog entries will be wonderful while you do! [grin]

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

Basically, she was talking about Spain pre-New-World-contact and trying to explain why the conquistadors were so warlike. My thought was "If the Moors were so wonderful and their society was such a bastion of education, tolerance and prosperity, why did the Spaniards fight them for 700 years?"

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

I know, I shouldn't be surprised.

:-) BTW, I love you and miss you very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home