Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

05 June 2006

Look! It's stupid ex-boyfriend tricks!

Why does he insist on giving me details I don't care about? He's been calling and checking up on the storage unit, and since the letter hasn't gotten there yet, he's freaked. Okay, so I just checked the USPS website and the letter was delivered this morning. I'm assuming everything's okay, since Joan (the manager) hasn't called me.

In other news: I cooked.

I'll wait while you pick yourselves up off the ground. I was telling Dad A that it was a good thing he taught his son(s) to cook, or John and I'd starve to death. That's not true, since I'm a pretty danged good cook, but John enjoys most of the time, where I only enjoy it when I get to noodle around in the kitchen with no real expectation of an edible result. That makes me rather unreliable when it comes to actually feeding myself or others. Our kids are probably going to learn to cook out of self-defense, or some perverse need to take care of their mother.

But I digress.

I made a BLT-wrap this afternoon, with a romaine salad and tonight, I made wannabe beef stroganoff. I didn't use any flour to thicken the sauce, and the beef was ground, but it was good! I love sour cream. Used to hate it, now I love it love it love it! I wasn't sure what I was going to make, since I'm really trying to get back to the low-carb thing. So it was lean ground beef, mushrooms, garlic, some Italian cheese that I gave up on trying to spell, garlic, cream and more garlic along with a generoud dollop of Daisy sour cream. Mmmmmm. Pair that with some nummy low-carb noodles and I was in hog heaven. I had a small plate, and I think I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night.

(We've got a PT test and weigh-in next drill and I am only 10 lbs. away from actually not having to be taped. That would so rock.)

It looks like my classes are going to be doable. Hard, but do-able. I've started my reading for tonight, but I'm a little upset because the history book I need for my US History class hasn't gotten here yet. If it's not here in tomorrow's mail, I'm gonna have to break down and get it from the bookstore. I don't want to do that, since it's $72 (used), but I need to start the reading.

My Texas History teacher is a bit cranky, but I think she'll be okay. I actually like my US History teacher. He's funny and animated, and willing to admit that we weren't the only ones to whack on NA people, that they tended to whack on each other a fair bit, too, using tech that we supplied. I rather like his lecture style, although I'm not sure that I'm thrilled with the amount of quizes and such that we'll have to do on the internet. Yeah, I'm complaing about having to be online. You can quit staring at me now.

Gah. I want to curl up and sleep, not think about running in an hour. Do I want to run at night, or in the morning? I guess it's going to depend on John's call schedule from now on. I'm in class when he usually gets a chance to call, so I'm not sure how we're going to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home