Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

01 June 2006

So much on my mind...

But for some reason, it's stuck. I spent the day at my parent's house, and my mom and I are about 90% done with the drapes for our apartment. They're going to look fantastic and I'm not being boastful. They're...gorgeous!

I got two boxes in the mail today. One of them is from my darling husband, and contains books. Why am I not surprised? It's in a cyalume chemlight box, and that made me snicker. The other was from my father-in-law, and it's Freckles' ashes. It tells me a lot that they took the time and effort to have her cremated, and the box it lovely. I wish I could have known her longer.

I have drill this weekend. Yay. We're doing some ceremony on Sunday, I think and for some reason, I'm just not excited about it. I know. Big surprise huh? I mean, fine, you want to get all schmoozy and whatnot, that's fine. Just do it in the A/C please? Don't even get me started about the Keith L. Ware awards, and the fact that we're probably not getting anything from them that's worth promotion points. Gah. Yeah, the unit swept the NGB awards, but that's just doing out job, and an award that no one outside of Army PA has ever heard of and isn't worth any promotion points should be enough. I hate my 1st Sgt.

Anyway, I should get some sleep. The phone service at the house is working and I'll be getting internet next week sometime. I think.

I miss my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home