Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

25 May 2006

A quilt from the 1930s.


It's a bit hard to see, but each of the ladies on the quilt has a gathered skirt, and they have a black blanket-stitch around the edge of thes skirts. The women surrounding the central frame are "working" on an Ohio Star pattern, one of the more popular designs of the 1800s. I think. I'll have to check. That may be a LeMoyne Star, but I'm not as up on my quilt patterns as I should be.
There's a heavy feather pattern, surrounding a cross-hatched middle. There are harps quilted in between the ladies.

Although I didn't record the information as well as I should have, since I'm falling down on the documentation side of the house, this is a "commemoration" quilt from the 1930s. What you see here is all hand-quilted. This lady had WAY more patience than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home