Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

23 May 2006

Consider this your two-minute-warning...

I've decided on something. I don't know who reads this thing, really, since Blogger doesn't have a "friends list." That's probably a good thing, although I would love to have the ability to have all the stuff I like to read on one page here.

So, this is your warning.

I'm tired of writing for public consumption, at least right now. I'm tired of censoring myself, pruning out the tired, snarky, pissy comments, and tired of making sure that my posts don't offend anyone. No, I won't go out of my way to be nasty, but I'm just going to let me...be me! I'm not always nice, I'm not always sweet, and I'm not always understanding.

I fall short of the ideals of Christian love, I sin, I am so human that it hurts most days. I have horribly ugly parts of me, just as many as I have lovely and sweet parts. I'm not hiding them any more.

I have hormones, and they're sorely active right now, seeing as my husband and I have been separated for almost two years at this point, and I need the nookie, baby. If you don't want to read about them, you might want to scan the subject line for something "SEX!!!" or some other way I'll tag them.

I don't intend to change the rating of this blog to NC-17, but I'm going to assume that you're all over the age of consent and have some idea of sex. Hell, I'm sure that some of you have kids, so you've obviously got the hang of the whole deal.


I don't plan on being offensive for offense's sake, so I'll try and keep in clean, language-wise. However, do be aware that I am a soldier, and sometimes, profanities express a whole different level of frustration or excitement. (Plan on lots of celebratory expletives when I get my darling husband's leave date.)

You've been warned.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle. G.I. Joe!

15 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Tim Covington said...

YAYYY!!!!!!!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

Yay for??? The NC-17 rating, or the fact that you'll be subject to more of me?

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Just A Decurion said...

Hey, I'm all in favor of the nookie! And also in favor of writing like you are a real person, not a sugar cookie princess.

Because I love you, not just parts of you, not just you in certain moods, and not just some idealized portrait of you that doesn't quite fit with reality.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Zero Ponsdorf said...

Bring it on kiddo!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger tychecat said...

I promise, I'll read it with my eyes shut, or at least skip over the dirty parts ;-)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Tim Covington said...

Yay! For more of you and for you taking the filters off your writing.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

Hope this works.

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you write, it should be for yourself, and it's a good thing that you're getting back into, albeit with a different slant of anonymity.

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always say ANYTHING you darned well please to me. I care because of,,,,and sometimes in spite of yourself.

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh! Like I want details of you and John shagging.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good that you decided to have a blog again. yay!!

you write whatever strikes your fancy. its YOUR space, you fill it. *smooches and hugs*

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to see you're writing again, and that I'm invited along.

I hear you about self-censoring, although sometimes I don't post stuff because it feels like petty whining - but I am glad that you have a new place where you don't feel like you have to qualify stuff.

DV

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Aw heck, now I have to add you to my 'favorites' in another place!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the invite and so glad to see you posting again!

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog SG...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home