Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

31 May 2006

Reflections and such...

It's good to be home. I hadn't realized how much I would miss Texas until I deployed, and now, even when I am gone doing something enjoyable, I realize how much I love this silly state. We have a serious problem with stars and the state sillhouette and the flag and just being crazy about being Texans. I'm one of those wacky people, too. I love being a Texan. It's part of my identity, like being an Orthodox Christian, a wife, a Soldier. It's a mindset, but it's also a bit of a birthright.

So, the two weeks with the inlaws? Fantastic. They're wonderful. They're good people, and I'm proud to call them family. We zipped over to Pittsburg to see the baby baptized, and it still seems weird to be able to end up in three states in five hours. Anyway, it was wonderful.


This is part of what I spent my Memorial Day doing. I'm not sure if you can acutally see how pink the roof is. Just after I took this shot, a huge buzzard just exploded out the right hand window, and went crashing off into the trees. There are some other barns that we looked at and some roads we just wandered about.

We also wandered about Luray Caverns, and I have a bunch of picutres that need to be sorted through, but it was fun fun fun. Three hours of crawling around on the ground, and imagining all sorts of fantastic things in the rocks. There were some rocks that were leeetle tiny bubbles and Mom A said it looked like something that living in the rock, and the bubbles were its breath. We also saw a monk, a turkey, a dragon, and a very buxom woman.


Picked up the truck today. My truck is fixed! No more little black eye. Granted, it was expensive, but the lights are fixed and it looks so much better. So much. I'm so glad John strongarmed me into getting it fixed. I don' look so ghetto, yo!

There are always six million things I think about putting on here, and then...poof!

OHOHOHOH! I got my "new" machine! OMG OMG OMG OMG. Talk about stunning. It weighs about 50 lbs. and it's amazingly awesome. The head is steel and teal-blue, and the case is covered in a dark blue snakeskin/leather patterned paper. I'll be making a set of carrying straps for the case, since the handle broke, but I don't intend to lug that puppy anywhere unless I have to. It's too heavy. Oh I can't wait to make something on it! A ger would be good.

Now, to bed with me, I think. I'll write more tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Zero Ponsdorf said...

I can't stand it! I gotta comment.

OHOHOHOH! I got my "new" machine! OMG OMG OMG OMG. Talk about stunning. It weighs about 50 lbs. and it's amazingly awesome. The head is steel and teal-blue, and the case is covered in a dark blue snakeskin/leather patterned paper. I'll be making a set of carrying straps for the case, since the handle broke, but I don't intend to lug that puppy anywhere unless I have to. It's too heavy.

And you can make a ger with it too?

Sorry kiddo, but in light of some of your earlier posts I had take the low road. [grin]

To paraphrase Fred G. Sanford. "Sure I'm a dirty old man... and I'm gonna be dirty old man until I'm a dead old man."

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

You are a bad man.

Don't ever change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home