Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

03 June 2006

Where to start?

Today hasn't been bad, at all. It's been a little yawn-y, but not too bad. We had the TA-50 inspection, which my darling husband called in the middle of, and then proceeded to tweak me all the way through, since I didn't have half of my stuff. ;-) Ah well.

He's gonna pay when I get him home on leave, that's all I have to say. He says that he's going to make me do a layout before I get to have the nookie, but I doubt it. I'm gonna lay him out, lemme tell you.

So, again, the topic of the day was a bitchfest. I'm not saying that folx don't have a right to bitch, but geez...Anxiety Boy is filling the new folx with the horrors that were the deployment. I mentioned to one of them that she might want to take what he said with a grain of salt, since AB would complain if you cut his throat with a brand-new knife. Nothing is ever good enough, nothing is ever right enough. Nothing that anyone does is ever enough for him, and he'll tell everyone about it. Yeah, he had some bad experiences in Iraq, but he doesn't help himself.

On a side note-Why is it that psychics and clairvoyants always wear black, and funky jewelry? I mean, at least this one is wearing blue jeans with the black jacket, but still...Sheesh. Try some color! Maybe a nice paisley? That might help drive out teh demons.

I'm thinking about ordering Chinese food tonight, or maybe going to a Chinese buffet. I'm hungry, although I don't know why. Maybe I'll order some pizza in. I had meant to bring my sewing machine, but I didn't manage to get it packed in time. Spent some time chatting with some friends on AIM last night, so I think it was time well-spent.

The mental health folx came by today, and I'm sure that she'll be giving me a call, since I answered "yes" on just about every question about depression, but we'll see.

John and I talked a bit today, and we discovered yet another things we have in common. Being lonely isn't anything new to either of us. I've spent my life lonely, in one way or another, and this is just an extension of it. It's normal, even if it's not my favorite thing. I just don't have that much in common with most other women my age. I don't have kids, yet, and my experiences over the past 18 months make it hard to relate to a lot of folx. I enjoy hobbies that aren't exactly common in women my age, since most quilters are a bit older, in their 40-50s, so it's hard to really talk to other 30-something women about things I find fun.

Oh well. I have John and he'll be home soon. He's the one that I want to hang out with anyway. :-) I do have fun, so that you don't think I'm totally miserable, but I can't wait for him to come home. It'll be fun to have someone to game with, and to natter with endlessly about esoteric costuming.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

Heh. That's too funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home