Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

02 September 2006

I found a bunch of stuff while wandering teh intrawebs....

You know...sometimes they shouldn't let me out by myself. :-)

The USS Neverdock has some interesting stuff from over a year ago regarding "Islam - Tactics for World War IV". Shortly after that, the USS Neverdock posted some information about those tactics being put into practice.

Today, the Infidel Bloggers Alliance has some info on appeasing Muslims in Britain, and all over the world, and the idiotic steps that are being taken in the name of "tolerance."

I really hate the fact that I'm becoming less and less tolerant, but it seems that I'm becoming less tolerant of a religion that wants to destroy our civilization and for that...I just don't know how to feel. I just don't know how to seperate the "moderate" Muslims, who want to live in the West and at least try to assimilate into our culture, and the ones who would like to see us all living by sharia law and paying taxes to exist in dhimmitude?

On the topic of nukes in the Middle East...why is it that we're spazzing about Iran getting nukes, but seem to be rather blase about the fact that Israel's got enough to turn the world into a self-lighted glass parking lot? Another post from Infidel Bloggers Alliance has an interesting take on it: Nuke Iran? Altas May Shrug.

Well, that's my contribution to the blogosphere today. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. :-)

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


I really hate the fact that I'm becoming less and less tolerant, but it seems that I'm becoming less tolerant of a religion that wants to destroy our civilization and for that...I just don't know how to feel. I just don't know how to seperate the "moderate" Muslims, who want to live in the West and at least try to assimilate into our culture, and the ones who would like to see us all living by sharia law and paying taxes to exist in dhimmitude?


With the background of having grown up in a country that is fairly secular, with one of my countrymen who became as religious fundie as one can possibly get using his position to point out that religion is all about loving, and caring for, not hating, one another,
I have serious difficulties to understand why others get so worked up about religion.

But since Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged", and consequently her "philosophy" of objectivism, ring quite true to me, and I make my living by inventing useful methods and gadgets to advance civilization, by summarily dismissing faith as a valid means of providing insight, and replacing it with observation of objective (i.e. reproducibly measurable) reality,
I am starting to wonder how to think (not feel)
about tolerance of a religion that wants to destroy, or subdue while benefiting from it, the civilization based on understanding of objective reality not clouded by religious dogma, and the prerequisites to create such civilization (i.e. the absence of the Spanish Inquisition north of the U.S.-Mexican border).
I am starting to wonder where to draw the line between any religion that provides the necessary charity and spiritual guidance that are so sorely lacking from Ayn Rand's worldview,
and the religious fanatics of any confession, who would like to see us all living "under God" (their particular god, of course) and paying taxes to be allowed to exist in an intolerant theocracy that would limit my freedom what, and what not, to believe, and who seek to destroy my freedom to find and pursue, within the legal limits defined by a state that is separated from religion, my own moral code.

And how can I distinguish between the faithful and the dangerous fundamentalists, who must not be tolerated?

There's one possibility that comes to mind.

Are the faithful concerned who should go to hell or to heaven, or even concerned to which heaven those who are saved will go, and who hope that they won't meet anyone who believes something different there?
That could be a clear indicator of religious fanaticism, not to be tolerated, nor aided, nor abetted ...

Or, on the other hand, do the faithful follow the premise "Love them all, it's God's business to find out his!" (sorry if I misquoted that one, I may know about Bezier splines, but I'm not an expert on theology, the history of medieval Europe, or other such non-technical subjects)?
I couldn't (and didn't) object to living under that God.

Then again, to care sincerely about other people who are having hard times doesn't require religion.

Be safe, y'all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home