Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

27 July 2006

WTF? (Profanity)

What the *fuck* did I do to deserve that? I guess at some point I made the mistake of actually showing that I was human, that I fucking hurt and that I'm tired.

Whoops. I seriously won't be doing that again. I'd been splitting my time between this and LJ, and right now, I'm sitting here in shock.

But today's a tough one. 12 months without him was rough. Another 6-12, well, it's doable. But not a good thing. And please, Jenn, I know you're without your husband even more. So please don't tell me that others have it worse. I know they do. But today's still not easy for me. If that makes me a wimp, so be it.

I didn't deserve that. At least I don't think I did. Shit.

I made that post ad apologized all over the fucking place. What else am I supposed to do?

So, this was my response:

WTF?

When have I ever comme into your LJ and told you that?

I didn't deserve that. If you'll excuse me, I'll try and tell you that it sucks and then, I'll leave.

It sucks that your husband won't be coming home as planned. I'm sorry for it. I hope that you hang in there and that your reunion is a joyful as it possibly can be. May he stay safe and may God watch over you all.


I'm actually really hurt. I guess I just come off as totally uncaring or something. Holy shit.

I don't know if I should be hurt or pissed off right now.

5 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you did NOT deserve that. I'm so sorry sweetie. yes, the other person has a right to feel crappy, but didnt have any business dumping anything on you.

if anything, I've seen you be supportive and loving towards other spouses who are missing their loved ones. it sucks ass and I am terribly sorry that you had to be dumped on like that for no reason.

*hugs* love you dear one. you're in my warm thoughts, as is your darling john.

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you never cameoff as uncaring to me. Quite the opposite actually.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Tim Covington said...

You did not deserve that. I've never seen yoube harsh or dismissive of another person's pain.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

Tim, in one post on LJ, I did make some snarky comments about not feeling sorry for *servicemembers* who deployed for something like seven months, and got a ration of shit for it. Gah.

However I did my best to apologize for ruffling feathers. Evidently, she didn't mean for it to sound that way, but it still hurt.

Thanks, hon.

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well hon...if a servicemember cant cut seven months away from family, they are in the wrong profession.

my dad was a "seagoing" rate in the navy. when they were going to celebrate their 25th anniversary, mama counted it up, and they'd actually lived under the same roof less than 12 years. he was career.

I remember being told outright that my ex was "married to the navy first, and his wife second". its just something you have to accept when you want to be either in the military, or married to someone that is.

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home