Just A Camp Follower...

My husband, and my heart, is currently in the desert. I just got back.

17 June 2006

How I spent my Saturday night...

So, now you all know what my feet look like. I decided that I needed a bit more of a summer color on my nails and so, it was time for a pedicure! After soaking my tootsies in water almost too hot to stand, I smoothed them with a rough pumice stone and a home-made sugar scrub. Then, I put them back in to parboil soak, and slathered my Gold Bond super-duper lotion on them, then pushed back the cuticles and polished those puppies.

In case you're wondering, yes I really am lame enough that I stay home on Saturday nights and study whilst polishing my toenails, and then blog about it.

I'm suffering from "summer feet" and would like to have them all nice and pretty when John gets home. They're not pretty enough to be foot-model material, but they are mine and I'm rather fond of them.

(In case you're wondering, to me "summer feet" are the dry, cracked feet you get from wearing shoes with open backs or no shoes at all. It's hard on your skin and your feet get really really dry.)

Why are you all looking at me like that?

4 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I want to get over summer feet myself.

Purple toe nail polish and dry cracked heals just make an aweful combination.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homemade sugar scrub? Explain please!
This sounds/feels kind of gross, but I combat that dry heel problem by slathering on my best and thickest lotion followed by a thin pair of socks and some plastic bags. Pop a movie on and kick back (or study)for a few hours. Works like a dream!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

It's easy!

:-) So, that being said, all these measurements are totally random. Take about 1/8 c. of sugar, and combine it with the oil of your choice in a bowl.

That's it.

I use vegetable oil, 'cause that's what I have, but you could use almost any oil, like almond or jojoba or a combination of them. Light oils can be scented with other essential oils to make your scrub smell luscious.

From what I've read you can store unused scrub in an airtight jar for a while. If you don't have sugar, regualr salt works too. It doesn't dissolve in the oil and then, you have it for later.

I've got an empty spaghetti sauce jar that I'm going to boil out and use that to store some yummy smelling stuff in.

I tend to slather lotion of the feets before bed, but I may have to try the plastic bag trick, since that will heat the lotion up more and get it to absorb better. :-)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Soldier Grrrl said...

OH! You want the oil to just cover the sugar, and you'll mix it up with your hands when you get ready to apply it.

I found if I just scrubbed my feet and then put them back in the hot water it helped with the softness later. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home